The Goalie Academy is a goalie specific training organization focused on preparing goalies to play at the highest levels. The GA, has a proven track record of producing the top goalies in the Mid-Atlantic area. Our goalies have gone on to play AHL, ECHL, CHL, NCAA D-I, NCAA D-III, USHL, NAHL, and New England Prep, not to mention the overwhelming number of AAA goalies that come to us for guidance on a regular basis. We have also had several goalies attend NHL training camps.
We specialize in everything goaltending. Included in our year-round events are private lessons, camps, clinics, video coaching, team coaching, organizational coaching, goalie equipment, and goalie specific off-ice training.
With our staff having worked with many current NHL goalie coaches, we know first hand what it takes to reach the highest levels of play and we are able pass on our knowledge to all goalies who train with us. Our staff is comprised of instructors who have all played at least college level hockey or higher, but even more importantly, we are still students of the game. We have great coaches, who pay attention to every detail and we have the patience to ensure that our students are doing things right! Goaltending and goaltending coaching is not only our job, but it is our PASSION.
(Darren and Jay Williams)
Why with GA?
The Goalie Academy has grown its reputation on specific and customized Private Lessons, in which we never force semi-privates. We have a large surface that allows for all situations to be duplicated rather than straight on shots and crease movements only. Our Synthetic surface allows for built in resistance which promotes stronger pushes, quicker movement, and explosive power. The harder the practice is the easier the game will become.
- Superior Staff. The Goalie Academy only employs Pro and NCAA college level experienced goalies ONLY and in return our goalies see Proven Results.
- Individual, Specific, & Customized Training. Work on what you need and work at your pace.
- Best Training Times. We have our own facility, so you can train at your convenience.
- Synthetic Ice. Built in resistance training for stronger pushes, quicker movement, and explosive power. You will work harder, which will make the games that much easier.
- More Space. 30’ x 40’ training space for game-like situations! Not only crease movements.
- Proven Results. We have already developed the area’s best goalies! From the ground up, we have produced goalies to Tier 1/AAA, Prep, Junior (USHL, OHL, NAHL, OPJHL, EJHL) NCAA D-I & D-III College and Pro levels (AHL, ECHL).
(Our Large Surface in Sterling, VA)