The Best of The Best!
The Goalie Academy’s Elite Prospects Camp features a 3:1 goalie to instructor ratio, 4 days of intense on-ice and off-ice workouts, hours of on-ice training with advanced level technical and situational drills, enhanced PowerPoint lectures prior to each on ice session, and off-ice conditioning and training conducted by college experienced trainers. Our Elite Prospects camps are designed for goalies dedicated to taking the next step in their goaltending careers. The advanced philosophies and tactics introduced at the Elite camp will no doubt give the goalie an advantage over his or her competition.
We have NCAA D-I shooters and in the past, we have had several NHL draft picks facing our goalies each day! In addition, we will have prep school, junior, and college coaches both on the ice and at the rink watching the goalies from time to time.
Goalies for the Elite Camps are selected by The Goalie Academy Instructors and invited to the camp. Very few goalies attend the camp without first going to at least one enhancement camp or Extreme Camp and goalies must play at the very least AA hockey to be considered and be over the age of 12. Registration numbers for this camp is limited to 21 goalies per age group.
Goalies Who Have Attended the Camp in the Past:
- Jay Williams, Miami-Ohio University, Hobey Baker & Mike Richter Award Nominee, Hotchkiss, USHL
- Dan Sullivan, University of Maine, Academic All-American, USHL, NAHL Goalie of the Year
- Nick Ellis, NHL Edmonton Oilers, Providence College, NCAA D-I National Champion, USHL, Pomfret School
- Michael Lackey, Harvard University, USNTDP, Exeter Academy
- Kris Carlson, Providence College NCAA D-I, NAHL, USHL
- Anthony Feyock, former goalie Lubbock CHL and NHL training camp with Washington Capitals
- Sarah Bryant, NWHL New York Riveters, Providence College NCAA D-I, Lawrenceville School
- Matt Michals, University of Southern Maine, ECAC Rookie of the Week 2/9-15
- Stephen Morrissey, Williams College NCAA D-III, Kent School
- Kelsie Fralick, Boston Pride NWHL Inaugural Champions, Connecticut College, Hotchkiss School
- Joe Gladnick, Dalhousie University (Halifax), Nazareth College NCAA D-III
- Dylann Nasr, Connecticut College NCAA D-III, Washington Pride
The Elite Camp is for those goalies playing at a high level who are dedicated to taking the next step in their goaltending careers. In this camp we address advanced philosophies and the ability to incorporate these philosophies into the goaltenders game. This is done both on the ice as well in the class room with lectures preceding each session. This allows the goalie to visualize the concept, thus giving a more complete understanding. The Elite Camp will break down situations and give the goalie the keys to reading the information that is being presented through an understanding of both defensive and offensive tactics. Thus allowing the goalie to make the correct reads and allowing him or her to react in the most efficient manner. Our belief is that through on-ice sessions and off-ice visual examples we can better communicate the elements of high level goaltending; thus, making the right habits and game like reads instinctual. These goalies are expected to have a strong understanding of fundamental positioning, save technique, save selection, and recovery, as well as be in good athletic shape.
Register Now for the Elite Camp August 2 - 5, 2018 at the following links (Coming Soon!):